Friday, December 10, 2010

More Christmas Crafting...

For the most part, we are feeling better today.  So, since MomE had some hemming to do...I broke out more crafts and funtimes!  I'm tellin' ya...tell your kids that "TV rots their brains" and they will repeat it back to you when you try to use it as a plug-in tool.  Don't roll your eyes at me...you know what I'm talkin' about.  Or, well...you're just not normal! 

Anyhew...cut a triangle of Christmas fabric out...I had some in my stash...
...let them cut out presents from the leftover wrapping paper scraps...and glue buttons on for ornaments and a tin foil star for the top...a white crayon for snowflakes....VOILA!
I especially love Emmer-beans snowflakes!  Neato!!
Then, MomE broke out the beans...dried beans....on cookie sheets...with matchbox cars & fingers & buckets and cups...
...and the Sweet Boobahs played for an HOUR...wowsers!!  I have to say that my favoritist magazine Real Simple had a section called 5 New Uses For Coffee Beans...and that sort of got my brain working in that direction...in case you wonder about the inner workings of my quirky little brain!
Since my hemming was done...and my machine out...I decided to whip up a fun Christmas craft...a handmade cup sleeve/cozy...They've been popping up all over the blogs I blurf...Etsy for example!
I re-purposed a corduroy shirt whose sleeve had ripped...and some peppermint fabric...
Trace the sleeve from Starbucks...and draw on ~ inch hem space...
...puppy bed had to be moved near the sewing machine and the bean counters...she was nervous and wanted on my lap (she'd never seen or heard the sewing machine before)...and once she saw it was okay...she took a nap!  Good puppy!
So, there ya have it...TIP...make sure you check size with the mug you plan to use...especially if you're planning a gift!  Ahem...just saying...
I thought about a button...but didn't end up with enough extra...so just whip stitched it together.
TA DAH!  Cute...it's a peppermint mocha cozy for your peppermint mocha!  Tee hee!
Here is our fun Christmas Craft wall...Don't forget to take those teachable moments...to remind them of the wise men who brought Jesus gifts...just like the gifts under our tree...and how Jesus is the BEST gift of all!

Scruffy is loving the heating vents...she gets all wet in the snow and then comes in a dries off!  Hehehe!  FYI--getting the red eye out of pet eyes is WAY trickier than people. 

No comments: