Thursday, January 10, 2008

Peace in the chaos...

The women's Bible study at church is studying the fruit of the Spirit. This lesson was on Peace. It was NOT a coincident that it fell over the holiday break. Not that my life is very "peaceful" on the off season either but everyone seems to experience stress in December. It was a great study but what struck me most was the hymn she had printed at the end. "Like a River Glorious" is a hymn I probably heard in the womb but when I read some of these hymns the words strike me in a new way.
Here are the words (emphasis mine):

Like A River Glorious Words by Frances R. Havergal, 1874

"Like a river glorious is God's perfect peace,
Over all victorious in its bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth fuller every day;
Perfect, yet it groweth deeper all the way.

Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,
Never foe can follow, Never traitor stand;
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,
Not a blast of hurry, touch the spirit there.

Every joy or trial falleth from above,
Trac'd upon our dial by the Son of Love;
We may trust Him fully all for us to do;
They who trust Him wholly Find Him wholly true.

Stayed upon Jehovah, Hearts are fully blest;
Finding as He promised, Perfect peace and rest.

AMEN!

2 comments:

Pastor D said...

Amen! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.