Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reality Check...

I've been feeling really lousy lately and was starting to imagine the worst. Thankfully, all tests have returned normal and the cause seems to be located and I'm feeling much better. Thank you to all who were praying. However, it was a very good reality check for me. I suppose in a lot of ways it made me think the way I should be thinking all the time. What if I died today--tomorrow--soon? Am I doing things the way I should be? The way I want to be remembered? Is my will in order? Do we have good life insurance? I know, I know you're probably thinking, "way to be morbid" but it is good to examine these things. In some way it prepares you for when difficult things do come your way. It also makes me remember that God is coming--SOON! Be ready!

1 comment:

Pastor D said...

It is only morbid if it is unrealistic and depressing. Thinking realistically about our mortality and acknowledging God's sovereign control is difficult, but uplifting! There is great freedom from fear in full hearted love for God's glory.