Friday, June 26, 2009
Anyhew, at VBS they told Emma that she had brownies in her bag...so she lugged it out to the van...We sang songs all the way home. We got home and I asked what she wanted for lunch...she hugged the bag and said, "I wants my brownies!" Ohhh...
...oops....yup...they are like these but in a bag!
Ha ha ha! She was one majorly annoyed three year old! She did get a ring pop though....ooooooo...and so that helped! She gets it as soon as she gets up from her nap! It'll be a sticky mess but....they get baths tonight anyhew!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Technically, my kids are too little for VBS...but because I'm a helper in 2-3 grades...they get to go! Emmy loves the puppets! She made a little caribou today...She only colored his nostrils...go figure? The little man was zonked after playing in the nursery...he was barely keeping his eyes open when we got home! It's going to be an EXTREMELY long week!
...to prove why I'm EXTREMELY CRAZY....
...we're headed out on vacation Saturday morning for two weeks. We'd like to be on the road by 3 AM...so all laundry, cleaning, packing, etc. must be done in the evenings.
But God is good...and I was pleased to see this VBS runs super smoothly...phew! Hopefully, God will show Himself EXTREMELY in the lives of these kids and teachers. The theme couldn't be more appropriate....
...ALL of me, ALL-out for God!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
It occurred to me after he left that he is actually their GREAT Uncle...hehehe... Of course, now my brother will be asking, "Wait, aren't all uncles great?" HA! He was about 13 when my parents got married...so I'm guessing there's like 14 years between us...that is similar to the split between my Emmy and her Uncle Dave.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
This is one of the songs I've been singing to Sweet Boy as a lullaby. I sang it at summer camp as a teenager...a very powerful song in my life! It's interesting that it still chokes me up as I sing it to my sweet son...and desire his salvation and heart change in Christ. Thought you might enjoy hearing it too!
Monday, June 15, 2009
The kids were playing with a freebie deck of cards I got at the library. Yet another summer reading prize out does itself. Sweet Boy was counting his cards. Yes, he actually counts...to about four...and then it's just the counting sound/rhythm. Very cute!
Curious Georgette was amazing me with her matching skills...she does quite well until she gets to the end of her cards and decides she needs her brother's cards to finish off the matching.
Friday, June 12, 2009
27. HAIR COLOR? chemically enhanced blond
28. EYE COLOR? blue
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Just one? Um...Steak, Chinese food, authentic Mexican, fresh tomatoes.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? yellow
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, please!
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pecan Pie
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? Yoga
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Both
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Janissary Tree
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Bright polka dots
42. FAVORITE SOUND? silence....ahhhhh...sigh
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Spain, England, Scotland, Germany...which is farthest from US?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I sing pretty well...
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Wisconsin
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? Indiana
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? Gray with white shutters and red doors.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? Maroon and Gray
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS? Why would I have answered them all if I didn't? Ooooo...a question with a question...
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
I won my very first giveaway ever about a month ago...and thought that'd probably be it for my lifetime. I'm just not lucky...and I've decided I have better things to do than go around to a badillion sites, telling people how awesome they are or adding them to my already busy twitter, blog, etc.
Then, I won this Bipron over at Infarrantly Creative. What makes it really exciting is that I actually know Beckie...in real life ya'll! She even brought me a bunch and let me pick which one I liked best! How cool is that! Obviously, I'm going to be making another so that they don't have to share...cuz sharing is not my sweet boobah's strong suit. In fact, while trying to take this picture...he was trying to rip it off of her for his turn! HA HA HA!
Then, wonder of wonders, I won an adorable vintage dish from Like Mother, Like Daughter. I really enjoy this blog...the pictures of her home make me wish I could step into them and come for a visit! Seeing as that's actually in MA, it is highly unlikely...but a girl can dream, right?
Monday, June 8, 2009
WHY is it so irritating?
Well, maybe because it is so persistent and continuous and whiny.
Yes, but WHY?
Well, it is likely that they continue asking in the hopes of obtaining an answer they find more pleasing.
But, but WHY?
Well, because they're three...and curious, and bright...and no ones' dummy. Yes, and mischievous...Maybe they even like seeing if your eyes will bug out...and your face turns red...
Why am I having such a MomE Moment on this point?
Okay, don't get me wrong...I know there comes a time where the answer is...
"because I told you so, that's why."
..but I'm trying to survive this summer without undo amounts of angry outbursts.
I did ask for these children...and they are my reward...a gift from God.
I don't want to just be exasperated...and give no answers at all except the demand of obedience. I'm going to attempt to have it both ways...to answer and require obedience. It will take more time...and definitely more patience but...well, I prayed for it and God gave me children! HA HA HA!
Friday, June 5, 2009
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? This morning
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? liverwurst
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 2
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Uh, Yes
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Are you kidding? Nope...never...HA!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No... not unless I was pushed! And of course, I'd hope I was connected to a bungee securely if that ever happened.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? granola (homemade)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No...and I should cuz it wears the shoes out and you have to untie them before you can get them back on...argh!
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? No
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Coffee
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? body language
15. RED OR PINK? red
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My anger
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My hubs when he's at work...and it's the end of the day...
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST? who?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? purple and aqua flip flops
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? almond joy snack bar
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing...ahhhhh, the sweet peace of naptime!
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? This is weird...I hate it when they ask these in interviews. I don't know...blue...cuz it's my favorite color.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh brewed coffee, hot cinnamon buns, Happy perfume
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Krystal regarding strawberry picking
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Mountain hideaway
There are 25 more...to be continued next Friday!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Here are our lovely "handy" cards...
And our homemade paper seed flowers. I got the idea here. It was really fun. I'm planting all the scraps...to see if it works. HA!