Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Otsego County Fair!

I have realized that I am raising "city kids" and wanted to make sure that my sweet boobahs saw real animals while in NY. We went to the Otsego County Fair and had a great time! Emma was very brave and was able to pet a cow (technically calf) and horse (sorry, the picture in the horse barn turned out too dark).

She loved the baby bunnies! If she'd been able, I think she would have touched one of them too. We couldn't let her poke them through the cages. My favorite are the flop eared bunnies.
Caleb was very alert around the chickens and roosters. They do make a ruckus!
Emma was NOT going to pet a chicken. I guess I can't blame her--they could peck ya!
Here is a picture of my cute Grandpa (or Papa) grilling. He is the only one I've seen wear his apron. I made the guys each one a few years back. It has Emma's hand prints on it and says something like, "Greatest Grilling Grandpa."

No comments: