Saturday, September 29, 2007

Crazy Women Drives West

I've seriously questioned my sanity this week. I travelled 5 hours (6 1/2 with kids) to visit my parents. Thankfully, it was very rewarding. It is so neat to watch my parents with my kids. It is like looking back into your childhood. I hear my Dad tell my daughter she is beautiful and watched them walk down the driveway to get the mail. I watched my Mom tear up at having to leave for work and be delighted upon her return by outstretched little arms. My little man doesn't do much at this point but what he does do is adorable. He focuses so contentedly upon faces and is now gurgling and cooing. It melts my heart (and others). So, yesterday after such a great visit, I headed West to go home to my hubby, that I missed terribly. At our first stop I had my pumpkin seat and my folk's dog (I'm dogsitting too) in one hand and my little curious Georgette in the other. A state trooper stopped to check the rest stop. He gave me a curious look and I stated that I was a one woman show. He said I appeared to have everything under control. I replied that I'd better. Yup, you have to be a little nuts to do that alone. Thank God we are all home safe. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you can do it all on your own girl! You are a very capable woman! Hope you had a great trip :)