Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where's the Grad?

Of course, I was planning to do a nice blog about my weekend at my parent's for my baby brother's high school graduation. I started out the visit with a bang--taking pictures, etc. and then lost steam completely. I got home only to realize that I hadn't taken any pictures of the graduate at all. Sorry Daver! I know others did so maybe I'll get some that way. We did get some fun pics though!

My Dad attempted to scare birds away from his tiny pond with rubber snakes. He kept buying different varieties in the hopes that the birds would be scared of a certain type. It didn't work and my Mom made him take them down out of the trellis before guests arrived. He put them in one of the desk drawers and Emma found them and loved them. At first she wasn't so sure if they were real or not and spit at them but then she decided they were okay and wouldn't leave them alone. FYI--they stayed at Gumpa's house so she'll be looking in that drawer every time she visits. Hope ya'll didn't want to store anything but rubber snakes in that drawer! Ha ha ha! Nana was allowing Emma to dress her as Medusa in this picture.
Another napping picture of my boys. Aren't they cute? Dad took to calling Darren "Big Caleb" because Caleb looks and acts so much like him. I tried to name him Darren Jr. but Darren didn't want to--so now he is "Big Caleb!" Ha ha ha!
Grandma's roll-top desk makes a great cave! They'd been playing in there for a while and when I grabbed my camera they started to get out! It was very cute! The desk is special --my Grandpa Sharp refinished this desk with his whole family and they all remember helping. It helps us to remember him!
Here's sweet Emma sitting by the pond. It was getting close to naptime, I think. She rubs her eyes just like her Daddy! So cute!
That blue dog is sort of funny looking--nope, wait--that's Caleb. Hey, he drools and is sort of fuzzy--I got confused!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fast. We were surprised to see out pictures. I have some of David Andrew's party I will send when I get time. It was good to see you all. God is good!

cuzinpam said...

is that black dog princeton - did you steal our dog ?