Monday, October 20, 2008

Little Eyes Upon You

There are little eyes upon you
and they're watching night and day.
There are little ears that quickly
take in every word you say.

There are little hands all eager
to do anything you do;
And a little girl who's dreaming
of the day she'll be like you.

You're the little angel's idol,
you're the wisest of the wise.
In her little mind about you
no suspicions ever rise.

She believes in you devoutly,
holds all you say and do;
She will say and do, in your way
when she's grown up just like you.

There's a wide-eyed little lady
who believes you're always right;
and her eyes are always opened,
and she watches day and night.

You are setting an example
every day in all you do;
For the little girl who's waiting
to grow up to be like you.

This is a very special poem to me. My parents have a picture of me...peeking above their bed...and my Dad wrote out this poem in calligraphy below it! It is a full circle feeling...from my Daddy's girl heart...to my Emma and her Daddy's girl heart!

1 comment:

Pastor D said...

I love you, little girl.