Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Food and Leaf Gathering...

 Here is an example of our SPLIT meals...I try to keep Lubby from becoming a picky eater, while maintaining his allergy dictated dietary needs.  That means that I either make things he can totally eat...or that I can barely alter so he thinks his is the same. 
This is a roasted vegetable penne bake...originally from my simple and delicious magazine...but seriously altered...
Cut the following into bite sized pieces.  3 small zucchini, 1 med. red pepper, 1/2 mushrooms, 1 small onion!  One can crushed tomatoes.  Coat with EVOO and 1 T. Italian Seasoning.  Bake @ 350 for about 15 minutes...THE HOUSE WILL SMELL WONDERFUL!  In the meantime, cook 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta.  Drain and Mix with roasted veggies.  If you're in our family...you put half into a greased 9 X 13...and then put 1/4 c. motz. cheese, 1/4 parm. cheese mixed with the remaining half...and carefully put it in the other half of the pan.  Bake for 10 minutes!  YUMMO...split dinner. 
They really really REALLY wanted to use their new candy buckets...so we went on a walk...
...and gathered gorgeous leaves!
AND lots of acorns too!  Gotta come up with something to do with those.
We used our crayon cakes from Uncle Jess...
...and made leaf rubbings...
...you have to press really hard!
Gorgeous!  They turned out SO pretty!  I'll share wax details soon...my kitchen is rather  *cough, cough...smokey at the moment!  *sigh...I know, Low heat, low heat!!

1 comment:

My Mad World said...

Great post! The penne looks very yummy!!

Looks like a nice walk, they got a lot of leaves. Maddie usually uses her big Easter bucket to collect stuff on our walks! lol

Love the crayon cakes. I really need to make some of those...