Monday, November 3, 2008

Marriage Monday...

"The Grace of Christian Marriage"

As I was thinking through this topic, I asked my husband to define grace for me. He said, "it's undeserved favor." I like that definition. I've also heard it referred to as unmerited favor...God's sufficiency...God's fullness. As Christians we realize that God's grace is indeed undeserved. "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound...that saved a wretch like me." But not only are we saved by the grace of God--we also serve the Lord and live the Christian life by the grace of God. Because we realize how important God's grace is to us...and hopefully being humbled by this thought...we bring that grace into our marriages.

1 Pet. 4:8, "Love deeply because love covers a multitude of sins...vs. 10 administering God's grace in its various forms." I was drawn into this passage and back tracked to chapter three. There it talks about a wife's conduct being

...pure and reverent

...submissive

...compassionate

...humble

...able to live in harmony

...returning insult with blessing!

Wow...that's pretty challenging stuff. So, how do those things play out in my Christian marriage?

Well, I've got a lot to work on but by God's grace...

I'm still working at it

...for His Glory!

No comments: