Tuesday, December 16, 2008

From Floury Fun to 9-1-1

Awww! Don't they look cute! Yes, MomE made Springerlie cookies last night. It is a much messier process than I remember. Hmmm? All was well...as you can see...until Caleb started rubbing his eyes and fussing. Darren took them up to the tub while I finished and cleaned up the mess...ha! Then....
...Darren yelled for me to get the Benedryl and come upstairs. NOW! For those of you who don't know my gentle husband...he very rarely...if ever...yells at me to do anything NOW! I ran up the stairs and saw Caleb's little face swelling before my eyes. I got the Benedryl in him...decided his eyes were swollen shut...and we were calling 9-1-1! I've never called them before! They were FAST...here in three minutes.
Long story very shortened (cuz I didn't get home from the ER until 1 AM)...he has bronchial pneumonia and the slight allergic reaction to the dusty flour put him over the edge. He is on the nebulizer, antibiotics and no cold air (so no outside) for two weeks! Poor lambie! MomE is feeling rotten...like she should have known something she didn't! Dr's can be really good at making you feel this way!
Our sweet neighbors are retired and were at our door before the squad left. They asked to help...she cleaned my kitchen, my floors, my bathroom and he played blocks with Emma. God was sooooo good to send us family when we needed some close! Praise HIM!

4 comments:

Carmel said...

I'm so sorry Bobbi! Who knew cookie making could go so awry!
: ( At least he's okay now. : )

Cathy said...

Do you need any thing???? Bless his heart and yours! Is he still doing ok? Don't feel guilty Bobbi! Look at it this way, you wouldn't have known he had bronchial pneumonia if you hadn't made cookies that night which could have led to him getting worse. God is good all the time, even in the midst of scarey circumstances, He sent that couple over to you and met your needs through them. Don't you just love how He works all things together for our good?!

Anonymous said...

Poor Poor Caleb. I'm glad hes doing better!

Shelley Fuge said...

Oh my goodness! Is that why you weren't at MTO today? I hope everything is going okay. And don't feel bad. It could've happened to any of us!