Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Advent Week 4: LOVE...

This craft dealt more with talking to them about the star and the wise men than about the LOVE. I feel like LOVE sort of permeates the four weeks of advent anyway! We talk about it every single week.
John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
They made their starry skies...I should have added white to the paint...cuz when it dried it was hard to see...oh well, live and learn...
We sprinkled cornmeal (rough cracked) on the brown painted camels....
...and glitter on our cardboard stars. They turned out pretty cute!!
Using Joanne's card idea, I created some advent cards this year. She was kind enough to send me hers typed out...and then I put pictures with them...The kids loved putting one on the fridge each day...
..and one ornament on the advent tree too. See, it's almost full?!!
Since my kids are early risers...and it's still dark outside...we're going to light the Christmas advent candles in the morning on Christmas Day...before we travel out to visit family.

2 comments:

His Unfailing Love said...

A blessed Christmas! Amen for your verse, thanks for your sweet comments.

Pastor D said...

I'm glad my baby girl takes such good care of her babies. My prayers are with you every day. Have a blessed Christmas and safe travel.