Thursday, March 11, 2010

Q...is for Quail...& Trinity Shamrocks!

We attempted to make the letter Q look like a speckled quail...
I had some turkey feathers from our NY vacation...and the kids played quail for a little bit...
Then, they created a game.
My observation is that it's a little bit sword fighting, a little bit tickle tickle, and for some reason you must hold a strawberry (plastic) in your other hand. Dropping the strawberry makes you OUT. What should we name this game? Tickle the Strawberry Quail?
I saw this idea for Trinity Shamrocks over with Janna at Mustard Seeds. This was my first attempt at potato painting with the kids...and it was even messier than I anticipated. Not that I'm discouraging anyone from trying it...just have LOTS of other sheets of paper close by so the stamping can continue after the initial three for the shamrock leaves.
I let it dry and THEN talked about the Trinity with them. I said something like, "God is three in one...ONE, TWO, THREE.

God is our Heavenly Father.
God is the Son, Jesus Christ our Savior.
God is the Holy Spirit, our comforter."

Then we said over and over...while pointing...Father, Son, Holy Spirit!

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

I love the trinity shamrock! I'm not sure my little guy would get it at just barely 2 years old, but we may try that next week.