Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is Risen Rolls!!

I decided to try resurrection rolls with the kids this year. Overall, it was a huge improvement on last year's resurrection cookies...in time and effort...and in taste!!! I do miss all the scripture and details of the cookies though...so probably when the kids get older, I'll go back to doing the cookies.
MomE looks a little tired, no? We talked about the white marshmallow reminding us of Jesus' body being wrapped in white clothes...the butter reminds us of the anointing oil...and the cinnamon/sugar reminds us of the spices the women brought...
The biscuit seals up around like the tomb and the stone. This was very messy business!!
DadE thought it was funny that some of the tombs burst...ahem. He said, "Look, the grave couldn't hold Him!" Hahahaha!
He is Risen...the tomb is empty...and er, sticky!
"He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay." Matt. 28:6

And yes, I did this the night before...because there are limits to my abilities...there, I said it. I couldn't figure how to get out the door, dressed up, with all our stuffs for the SUNRISE service...AND do the rolls before in the morning...soooooo....we did it the night before...*sigh*

No comments: