Monday, April 12, 2010

Potty Training Song Adaptations!

Do you see the BIG BOY having a Sesame Street picnic? Look a little closer...
...AH, HA! Big Boy Underwear! He has been successful THREE TIMES..and he is very excited. We will not count how many puddles...that's just defeating information we aren't blogging about!
We sing songs while we sit on the potty. Do you? We sing many words to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...and MomE's not even tired, yet! HAHAHA...the songs get really wacky depending on my sleep and caffeine levels, of course!

Tinkle, Tinkle Little Bud
In the Potty, like you Shud (should)
You are MomE's big big boy
How I love you, you're my joy
Tinkle, Tinkle Little Bud
In the Potty, like you Shud (should)

When we pee in the potty...MomE sings opera...and everyone giggles. Oh, and everyone who pee peed gets candy! So, who's routing for a poopoo this afternoon?? ME ME ME!!

Emmer Bean has been amazing with her star chart. REALLY high tech...dontcha think? I actually have a nifty chart program thinger on my new MacBook...but I forgot to print it off last night...so whipped one off FAST this morning with Crayons.

She LOVES shiny stars! She says sliver instead of silver...isn't the sooo cute? She gets a sucker for every row of 12 she fills as MomE's helper. Today she made her bed, dressed herself, put on her own shoes and socks, brushed her teeth, gave Caleb potty compliments/encouragement, and set the picnic up for lunchtime. There were more...but I'm not keeping track of specifics...just trying to keep the atmosphere positive and encouraging. So far it's working. I like positive reinforcement!

When I put Lubby down for his nap...yes, I'm using pull ups for naps (call me chicken...go ahead)...I said, "Calubby, are you MomE's BIG BOY?" The little man who usually shakes his head no to EVERYTHING I say shook his head no once...and then reconsidered and nodded his head yes! "Yes MomE, I's a BIG BOY...do the pee pees in the potty!" YEAH!!

Oh Dear Lord,
Please help me to keep this positive perspective. May the Words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart please you today. Help me to be patient and long suffering as I teach my children new lessons and skills. I know that you are infinitely patient and long suffering with me...even when I don't get something right for the millionth time. Oh, I want to be like you! Please help me!
Amen.

No comments: