Friday, April 2, 2010

Springtime at the Zoo...

A few days ago we went to the zoo with friends! It was so much fun. We went to the warm butterfly house first...cuz the morning was a bit nippy. It was uncrowded and beautiful. All the bromeliads and orchids were blooming and there were butterflies everywhere.
I even caught a Blue Morpho with it's wings open! Gorgeous!!
Lubby loved the sharks...and even bravely stuck his hand in the water. That's a first...maybe he'll actually pet one this summer. Yes, you're supposed to pet them. They're nursing sharks or something...Of course, I wouldn't be excited if my baby stuck his hand in a regular shark tank...Geesh! Hahaha!
These baby kids were barely a whole day old...and sooo sooo cute! There were six altogether...to two mamas. Makes me think of one of my favorite song....
Mares eat oats, and does eat oats...and little lambs eat ivy. A kid'll eat ivy too...wouldn't you?
The ring-tailed lemurs had babies too. This blessed mama had twins. Awwww!
Here's my two darlings looking at the rhinos..."They's so cool!"

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is so cute.

I recently killed a bromeliad, so I love to see them living.

Happy Easter!