Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apple Butter and Applesauce! Yummo!!

Well, thankfully DadE loves MomE and bought her this nifty gadget for her kitchenaide...PHEW! Without it I'd have lots more blisters than I actually do...which is 3 in case you're interested!
Here's my set up. I'm so thankful for nice cool mornings...when I could open up the house and not feel so beastly hot! Steaming facials FREE here!!
Here is my crab apple jelly stash (which did set up after all...hey hey)...and my 9 pints of apple butter that were cranked out by that metal contraption of EVIL!
Here is today's gorgeous haul...9 applesauce and 9 more apple butter (with Splenda)...Yummo!
The clean up...not so much fun!

3 comments:

nannykim said...

I love apple butter--it is such a treat. I have been having it on my toast as a snack--it is so yummy and makes me feel as though the cool Fall is here (it isn't yet--very warm and humid here still!)

Cheryl said...

I am incredibly impressed! . . . and now I'm hungry for a snack. I have to confess I'm 100% more likely to buy apple butter at a farmer's market than to ever make it myself - but I am so impressed with those who do! I used to help my mom make Concord grape jelly and pie when I was growing up - yum!

Charity said...

I have that contraption and LOVE it - I will be using it soon to make my applesauce.