Friday, February 18, 2011

Big Boys, Bahboos, & Biting Bullets

Don't judge...but I finally bit the bullet...and encouraged Lubby to be a BIG BOY and ditch the bahboos!  Bahboo...aka....Nube sippy cups...He only had two surviving...and will drink his rice milk from a cup.  Ironically...he was drinking from a cup when I brought him packing materials yesterday...
HE put them in the box...with the encouragement that "the babies" needed them....and he was a BIG BOY!
HE closed the lid!  And put on the tape....
We addressed the box...so the mail-lady knew where to take it!
HE carried it out to the mailbox....
...and HE sent the bahboos to the babies!  He did cry a little bit at bedtime...and this morning...but I hugged him and told him how proud I was....and how happy the babies are...and he drank his milk from a cup!
Some good friends stopped by and I got them to *secretly* take the box home and dispose of it! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did that with Missy and her pacis, only we wrapped them all up like a gift and took them to my friend who had just had a baby, she of course threw out afte we left but anytime Missy wanted one all I had to say was that baby bailey had them and she'd accept that.-g

Bobbi said...

In a way, I suppose this is tinged with dishonesty. I HAVE said very pointedly...”Bahboos are for babies...You are a big boy...you don’t need them!” That was honest. I think at his developmental age...this worked really well. My husband did say that I needed to be careful not to create sudo-Santas. Ouch, I get the point!

Pastor D said...

At this point he was truly ready to get rid of the sippy cups - he just needed a nudge to help him break the habit.

I wish it was that simple to get some of the nudges I need to change my habits that need to be changed!