Monday, March 24, 2008

RobertA Frost? HA HA!

Here is a poem that I love by Robert Frost. Since I had such a good time with the Maya Angelou rewrite, I thought I'd try it again.

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.
Robert Frost
Two Tramps in Mud Time (1936)


The sun looked warm but it wasn't, I checked.
That's how it is on an April day
When it makes you feel happy then wrecked.
You think you're on into the month of May.
But if you dare plan a playdate at the park,
A snowy cloud will span the sky,
The sky will look cold, empty and stark,
And you'll hunt out the snow stuff again, oh my!
Roberta "Frost" Wells

My bulb flowers are peaking their heads above the ground. Not that it is any guarantee but it gives me hope that warmer weather is ahead, eventually!

4 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Seriously this weather is killing me. Need sunshine...must have warm weather...slowly dying....need vitamin D.

Pastor D said...

I don't remember naming you "Frost." I was there!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!The Easter pics are my fave! CG

Anonymous said...

Hey no picking on my month of the year! Just kidding.