Monday, March 24, 2008

Simon and Garfunkel Funky Chicken Dinner...

I crack myself up and it's a good thing too! Ha ha ha *snort! I was planning to make Sage Chicken tonight for dinner and starting thinking of the song, "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" made popular by Simon and Garfunkel. The more I thought about it the more I thought it would be neat to create a dish with all four and call it Simon and Garfunkel Funky Chicken! He he he! Soooo, here it is and it tasted great!

Simon and Garfunkel Funky Chicken Dinner by: Bobbi Wells

1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken meat (I used tenders)
1 large yellow onion roughly sliced
1 T. Sage
1-2 T. Parsley
1 t. Thyme
1 t. Rosemary
Salt/Pepper

I put the chicken frozen in the bottom of my crockpot-- sprinkled the spices on top, sprinkled the onions on top and cooked it for about an hour and a half on 250. Made the house smell wonderful! I served it with a leafy green salad. Yummmo!

Smiles!

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Oh my you are creative my friend, I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! I love your love for poems and songs. My brain doesn't think like that. It is so cool to see how God created all of us for one another to complete the body of Christ. You're awesome, I might even try your recipe.