Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hearts Entrusted...

These tiny hearts to me entrusted,
Soft and tender,
Pockets of soil moist with innocence,
Laden with surprises,
Giggles,
Questions,
Love,
With one blast of anger,
One word unkindly spoken,
One glare of intolerance,
I can cause these tiny hearts to...
Fear,
Cower,
Or---God forbid-
Hate.
I want to plant within their souls seeds of...
Joy,
Contentment,
Love
heaping
upon
love.
Yet, thorny briers of...
Harshness,
Impatience,
Bitterness,
I have heedlessly allowed to grow.
Remorseful?
Yes.
Able to call back?
Never.
Forgiven?
Oh yes, more than I deserve.
Lord, I don't want to fail again.
May I be found faithful to these created by You.
Praise for A-B-Cs perfected,
"Thank you," for windows cleansed with Pledge.
There are no second chances.
I cannot undo the past.
Jesus,
Sear my heart with love and devotion.
May I be a sower of seeds,
A shelter amidst the storm.
May I hear,
"Well done, good and faithful mother."
May I be found true.

Written by Julie Ann Barnhill
-The fabulous author of "She's Gonna Blow; Real Help for Moms Dealing with Anger."
Read it. Truly life changing for any angry moms out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that! I needed to be reminded of that! OH, and may I borrow the book when/if you are finished with it???? Hope you are having a good week!!! I'm glad you are in my small group!
Love ya! Cathy