Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Three Year Old Speaks...

Today, Emma and Caleb were playing in the laundry room while I folded laundry on the dining room table. They are playing just behind the door of the laundry room on a stool with cans of Mt. Dew, some vacuum extensions, and the rings off the stacker toy. Yup, we are not planning to spend big money on toys any time soon.

Anyhew, I hear this crash...the cans have fallen off the stool by the sounds of it. I wait, to see if anyone cries, 'cuz let's face it...if I ran every time something crashed I'd never get anything done. So, no one cries but Emma pokes her head around the door and says, "Don't come in...it's okay...I'm just makin' a cake!" Hmmm, and I didn't hear Caleb so I walked over and looked in and he was very helpfully picking up her cans and handing them to her while she pretended with the vacuum extension to do something to them. She looks up, rather annoyed and repeats, "Don't come in...I said it's okay...I'm make a cake...and juicy! Shhhh!"

She's saying more and more everyday. Pretty soon it will be like donkey on Shrek...you know where the princess says, "He talks!" and Shrek says, "Yeah, it's getting him to shut up that's the trick."

No comments: