Friday, February 26, 2010

Teach Hospitality...

We're having company tonight. A delightful couple from church. It will be fun. A time to not just practice hospitality but to teach it to my children.
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12:10-12
Growing up in a Pastor's home, I remember many early teachings in hospitality...quite early...before I could cook at all...it was my job to set the table. Looking back...my Mom trusted me with a lot of nice dishes. I still delight in setting the table...and now teaching the little hands that help me.

We made place cards...talked about who was coming and the special meal we'd be eating. We even made WELCOME cards to give them when they arrive. Sweet Girl says, "We will give them to Mrs. E when they come, after later Cabub!" *Smile*
We made the dessert too. Ooooo...we are very very excited! To see my personal tips to hospitality...learned from the lovely ladies in my life...head over to Blogging Along. I'll share the recipes to my Greek Feast too.

No comments: