Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MomE CAN read a map...woohoo!

After a brief jaunt to pick up DadE's rental and send him to work (poor guy)...MomE braved her trusty mapping skills and drove us to the beach for the morning. It was very F O G G Y!
The kid's wondered what "WATER" MomE was talking about...halloooo....any water out there??
We wrote in the sand with drift wood...and talked to walkers by...the one's without Ipods and with friendly dogs. One Mom and her kids gave me all sorts of ideas of what to do on the rainy days...yes, rain is forecast for the week ahead. *sigh* We chatted for quite a bit...and figured out that we were sister's in Christ...so very very neat! She actually invited me to her church's indoor playground...and tried to share Christ with me. It just thrilled me...and I tried to encourage her to keep on being friendly and share God's love with every one she met...even on misty moisty mornings!
MomE finally decided she was super unprepared for the day...not her style...but quick packing will do that to ya. SO, she packed everyone up and we zoomed down the street (to some older gentleman's directions...who when he said Right he meant Left...oh well)...and Wally World set us up with some sand toys, beach towels and lunchables. On one hand I cringe at the expense cuz we have all this stuff at home...but on the other hand...we had such a good good time!
He was SO unsure of the sand at first...he told the cashier at Wally's that we were going to the BIG sandbox! HAHAHA! Of course, at that point the fog hadn't lifted so he didn't know there was BIG water too!
My Sweet Girl...LOVED everything about the beach. It was chilly (mid 70---maybe 80 by the time we left)...she braved the shallow water for bucket after bucket of water. She was drenched and sandy when we left. She went home in a borrowed pair of her brother's shorts and nothing else. *Sigh*
I love SPF 85---how 'bout you?? Woo hoo....
...and I love it in spray on too!!
Lubby loved the boats...he SHOUTED every time he saw one. He even saw a helicopter!!!
Do you like their castle? Emmer probably put 20 gallons into that hole. She kept saying, "Where'd it go? Oh well, I'll goes and gets some more!"

2 comments:

Karen said...

How cute! Looks like they had a great time!

Rachel said...

I have been reading your two blogs and they are blessing my heart. Through your writing I can tell you are a happy, smiley, Godly woman. Keep up the good work!