Friday, January 21, 2011

Playdates, Prayer & Your Pastor's Wife...

Yesterday, amid yet another noreaster blizzard...my Pastor's wife and her littlest came over to "play."  We both grew up in snowy climates and are determined to not let a little snow bother us!

The Sweet Boobahs played (aka...took out EVERY toy they own)...

....and we planned our first March Women's Day...
...and as I made lattes and chatted with her...I was reminded that I need to be praying for her...ALOT more than I do...I just loved the guide at C h r y s a l i s...that e-Mom included in her October post.  She reminded us all during that October PASTOR's month...that he has a wife who is just as vitally needing prayer!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be nice. I tend to feel like I'm being measured, found lacking and then gossiped about rather than prayed for most of the time. Makes for a very lonely/quiet pastors wife. -g

Susannah said...

OH, how sad--your anonymous commenter above. Ouch! I wish I could give her a cyber hug.

Thanks for the linky love, Bobbi.

Your kids look like they're have a blast of a play date. Look at those boots!

Bobbi said...

G---I'm sorry it feels that way...but I'm not at all shocked. My Mom often felt (and still sometimes feels) that way. It comes with the territory, I think...which is exactly why I ushered the challenge in my post. If ladies would commit to praying for their pastor's wives then their hearts would be changed.