Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Toad in the hole?

Emma loves this special treat...we were calling it "toad in the hole"...but friends of ours said that THAT was actually a dish involving sausage and yorkshire pudding.  Bummer...it sounded so cool!
I guess we will call it...Birdie in the Basket...or Egg in the Basket...as clarified.
While researching this...I came across some other delightfully British named dishes...among my favorites...Bubble and Squeak!  I always thought it was made up of liver and kidneys but turns out it is the leftover dinner veggies with a base of potatoes and cabbage...Cabbage, there's your squeak...and when it's hot I dare say it bubbles!
 
But Emma says that an egg cooked in buttery toast is delish...whatever you call it!

1 comment:

Pastor D said...

Looks good to me too, Emma! (I'm hungry too. Grandma is starving me to death...)