Monday, January 5, 2009

Marriage Monday....Humor....

January's Marriage Monday topic is, "Humor of Christian Marriage."


I actually talked to Darren about being stumped on this one. I know we laugh a lot together...but for some reason it seemed hard to put down in words. We decided that it was built on trust. We trust each other...enough to be total dorks together and enjoy it!


We often laugh about how he's added to my vocabulary since we married...with words like viscous coming out in normal conversation! Caleb's nose is just running like crazy...nasty, viscous, green stuff! I've also developed enjoyment in his TV watching style; the "witty, sarcastic" comments he adds to shows and commercials. Although, he knows it annoys me when I'm watching "Pride and Prejudice," for example! That's probably why he made me coupons for my birthday...with one being for chick movies watched without the witty, sarcastic comments! He knows me well!




Our children have greatly increased the humor in our marriage. Not that we laugh AT them, of course! SNort...hahaha! Noooo, we hold our napkins up in front of our faces...or quickly turn around or leave the room! HA! We enjoy listening to beginning speech, the funny things that come out, and the cute things they pretend! We delight in them.


Here are two funny examples...Darren is always looking for scientific stuff to teach them...so he was showing them how to roll stuff down the angled plane....and they remembered that it looked like the slide outdoors and viola you have an indoor slide! Very cute! Just this morning we got a chuckle out of Caleb helping his Daddy shave! Awww...hehehe!


Humor is important in marriage. We'd be angry and crying without it...and who wants that!? We try to not take everything too seriously and enjoy the humor where we can!

4 comments:

Lora said...

Thank you kindly for stopping by my Memory Monday post! It is so very nice to meet you and welcome to the online accountability. This group has really been great encouragement to me. I pray it is a blessing to you to.
You have a lovely blog - the header is just to cute. I like Vintage pictures of Mothers and dear little ones. And your family is precious. How well I remember the sweet days of when our teens were your childrens ages.
Blessed New Year!

Anonymous said...

My husband is the same way watching TV shows and movies. We are usually whispering and snorting when everyone is serious.
Canaan
www.livingincanaan.typepad.com

Unknown said...

How darn adorable!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Susannah said...

Aw, great stuff! You two have a lot of fun together. Loved this: We decided that it was built on trust. We trust each other...enough to be total dorks together and enjoy it!

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, MomE.

Hugs, e-Mom @ Chrysalis