Monday, February 16, 2009

Sickly Sentimental Sappy-ness...

We went to visit my parents this weekend. We'd postponed it several times, so needless to say, my Mom and I had a list of fun stuffs we wanted to do (go junking, cut out patterns, etc. etc.). Saturday we rammed around...even though Dad and I were fighting colds.

Amid the fun and snorky bedlam, we looked through some of my old Golden Books. I don't know if any of you are sentimentally sappy about your childhood stories...but I for one am emotionally attached to mine. How is it possible that my Daddy is now Grandpa? How can I be the Mommy?? These beautiful babies are mine! WOW...God is so good...and I'm sort of in shock and amazed about it all.

One book made me really teary..."Animal Daddies and My Daddy" by Barbara Hazen is sooooo awesome!! I also love "The Tawny Scrawny Lion" by Kathryn Jackson and "What Lily Goose Found" (author?). Some of these are out of print...I'm discovering as I attempt to find authors for them. Bummer!

We are home and Emma has a high fever and chills, poor dear! We'd appreciate your prayers...especially 'cuz MomE is tired and sick too! Going to take my OWN nap now! Love to ya'll!!

1 comment:

Lora said...

Oh, I pray your dear Emma is feeling better soon! Taking a nap when the children are is a great plan.

Your header is lovely! I think the last time I visited you had a kitchen scene that I really like too!

It doesn't take long for the passage of time to change our roles, does it? I've been reflecting on this in our family too.