Friday, July 24, 2009

Frugal Friday...pool toys and tomato stakes...

Just a reminder what frugal means on my blog...
...characterized by or reflecting economy in the use of resources. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary).
...It's about a simpler, less complicated lifestyle, not about being cheap. While those who put a frugal lifestyle into practice do tend to be thrifty, there is a method to their madness. (families.com)

Leftover plastic containers are great pool toys! My Sweet Boobahs filled this ice cream container with water...using their nifty spice container shakers and creamer jugs...for hours yesterday!! This may strike some as cheap I would argue that it helps them develop their imaginations in play! Rather than tell them it is a bucket, or shaker, etc....they decide what it is today! They had a great time discovering that the bucket floated around...until it became halfway full of water! Nifty nifty little scientists!

My tomato stakes ended up being way too short for the plant...sooooo....I pulled this broken Swiffer handle out of the trash...and VOILA...a nifty orange stake!
See, there's even a tomato under there!!!

2 comments:

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have a friend who I gre up with the same spelling of your name! :)

When I was younger I just went by BJ but now that I am an adult I like the full name. :)

Susannah said...

I like your definition of "frugal." Simple, less-complicated, thrify, but not necessarily cheap. Well done!