Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Advent for kids...

I've reminded people where I'm Blogging Along about advent. It's such a neat opportunity to prepare your kids for the true meaning of Christmas...and hopefully get away from the material focus bombarding in the world around them.

Some ideas...

A planned reading schedule...cuz, let's face it...reading it just on Christmas day is not going to get the message across. Even just lighting candles on the Sunday nights won't work either.

First Week:
A Savior King Is. 7:14; 9:6-7; Jer. 23:5; Micah 5:2-5a
The Angel Visits Mary Luke 1:26-38
The Angel Visits Joseph Matt. 1:18-25
Sing: Joy to the World, O Come, All Ye Faithful
Craft Idea: Coffee Filter Angels

Second Week:
The Trip to Bethlehem Luke 2:1-7
The Christ Child is Born Luke 2:6-7
Sing: Away in the Manger, Child in a Manger
Craft Idea: Envelope Manger

Third Week:
The Shepherds Visit Luke 2:15-18
The Wise Men Visit Matt. 2:1-8
Sing: Angels We Have Heard on High, Go, Tell It on the Mountain
Craft Idea: Cotton Ball Sheep and Shepherds

Fourth Week:
The Wise Men Worship Matt. 2:9-12
The Trip to Egypt Matt. 2:13-15
Sing: Silent Night, Holy Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem
Craft Idea: Glitter Star and Cardboard Camel

I know the craft ideas are vague. I promise to post pictures of my ideas as they come into fruition, I hope. I found a neat post about gifts for advent...but the blogger doesn't like it...so I'll need to retype and fix it up for later.

No comments: