Friday, November 20, 2009

Fun Frugal Friday: Yes, good ole cardboard boxes!

We rarely buy any toys for our kids. In fact, last year my sweet Loverbrains actually considered getting a bunch of empty boxes for Christmas gifts! We didn't...but it's still in the running for this year. I let them play with diaper boxes for a few weeks..or until I can't stand looking at them anymore.
They become tables, houses, boats, bathtubs, cars and trucks...to name just a few possibilities. When it seems like all fun is gone from the boxes...break out the markers, crayons and paint. Voila...even more cheap fun! I love to hear their little imaginations at work!

I myself have very fond memories of playing in boxes. I know there is a picture of me somewhere playing in the box my Christmas Kitchen Set came in...with my beloved dog, Spots. Good times!!

1 comment:

Carmel said...

It's amazing... they use them to put their keepsakes in, build houses, forts, car garages (that was a tissue box) : )