Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dear Neighbors...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in our neighborhood for allowing my nature loving duo to jump in all your neatly raked leaves. We did try very hard to kick them back up to the curb in a neat pile as we left each and every curbside pile up we found.
The colors were bright yesterday!! We hope you could take an opportunity to look up from your raking and leaf blowing to see the glorious colors in God's creation this year.
The quince bushes in this neighborhood just glow. Have you ever noticed? You can even tell they're red even at night!!
Thank you for your many warm smiles and waves to my adorable tots as they march along with their gift bags. They just love leaf collecting. Thank you for letting them march onto your lawns in the search of a perfect leaf.
I'd like to point out this "WOW" tree to everyone. In case you haven't seen it...it's the one between the two houses no one lives in...and it's trying to attract home buyers! *smile*
For anyone of you sweet neighbors who got a kick out of our fountain side rest....
...and the shrieks and screams at the approach of the "attack ducks." It's okay that you laughed...we know you were laughing with us and not at us! Man, those ducks are aggressive! We will indeed remember to bring bread next time...or walk on the other side of the street.
Thank you to the friendly man who came home from work to find two toddlers talking excitedly about his Jack Russell...and then took the time to introduce us to his dog, Penny! I also love the huge rust Maple tree next door! If you look closely you can see Penny in this picture too!
And finally, thanks for letting me take pictures around the neighborhood. It's true I'm really focused on the trees and my kiddos...but some of ya'll have the cutest decorations. We loved this house with it's ORANGE trees and matching pumpkin decor. Next time we go for a walk we're doing a pumpkin count...they're EVERYWHERE!!
Very Sincerely Yours, MomE

1 comment:

Carmel said...

Isn't it funny how your life changes. I can remember when my mom (or other adults) would point out at certain things... the fall trees, the moon, etc and just ooh and aah over them and I thought it was just about the most ridiculous thing ever (picture a 14 -17 year old obsessed with her hair and her boyfriend). : )

Now I'm the one going... "oh kids, look at that pretty orange one. Oooh, there's a bright red one! Look our tree has 3 colors on it! Isn't that cool?"..... I guess that's why my mom always says when you're going through a "phase" with you kids to remember what you thought was cool/uncool (the fact that I use the word cool), and who you thought was cool. It will go a long way when you're the one receiving the eye rolls. ; 0