Friday, October 2, 2009

Frugal Friday---Jewelry Hanger!!

Recently, my Mother-in-law told me about a site called Instructables. I was looking it over and came across this cardboard hanger and decided to give it a go.

I was a elementary teacher (guess I still am) and have tons of pins and earrings...so this idea would work. I love the ones made from picture frames but with stud earrings and pins it just wasn't accessible.

Jessy gives a great tutorial here to make this cheap cheap cheap cardboard jewelry hanger! I used a diapers box...and had leftover box for the kids to play with...rock on! Here's how it opens...you have to be careful...but you can get them off and on pretty easily!
How shocking would it be if I said that I had about 20 more pins that I didn't have space for? Guess I'll make another one...maybe the horizontal direction!
I used spray paint and ribbon to jazz mine up a bit...you can use just about anything...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful creativity! :~D