Friday, October 23, 2009

Sunny Nature Walks and Rainy Light Bright Days...

Yesterday I took my dynamic duo for a nature walk. We gathered many bags of gorgeous leaves and acorns...oooooo! We used many big words like...orange, beautiful, pretty, splendorous, and amazing...hehehe...
During naptime MomE heated up the paraffin wax and dunked some leaves. Remember...don't get the wax too hot. Pretty much once it's melted...turn it off...and dunk fast!
I have decided that beech tree leaves don't like dunking...they spit something fierce...so beware if wax dunking with children about. That's the big reason why I don't do this with them yet.
Some pretty real leaf wax displays around our house!
Yes, those are Christmas present packages all ready to go in the mail after Thanksgiving! It's okay...you can hate me if you want to...but I'm very very happy!!!
Here are our happy Caterpillars...for the letter C this week!
Today is dark and rainy...so I shut the lights off in Emmy girl's room and they played light bright. Funtimes! Anyone know how to turn the flash off on my camera...argh...grrr!?

2 comments:

Carmel said...

I'm lovin' those letter projects from No Time for Flashcards. Cute stuff. : )

techcat said...

if you can't get the flash off try covering it up sometimes this will work. I use a piece of paper or my fingers.
cute ABC's