Sunday, October 18, 2009

I love Lawrence Welk!

We happened to catch the kids dancing to Lawrence Welk on Saturday Night.

I've always loved watching the Lawrence Welk show. Many times, I've jokingly said, that I thought I'd been born at the wrong time...cuz I would have loved to have been a beautiful champagne lady for Lawrence Welk. I love all the songs and dresses...*sigh*

I love watching Bobby Burgess and his partners (he had several over the years due to them getting married and moving). I usually enjoy Cissy the best...but found this fun clip to share. This is by far Emmy-girl's favorite part of the show.

I have often wished to be a Lennon sister...and I love this song.

Myron is one of my favorites...and definitely my favorite Happy Norwegian...as LW calls him! Hehehe! I have many favorites...but anyhew...if you haven't ever given it a watch...try something new. It's on PBS at 7 on Saturday Nights!

1 comment:

Carmel said...

I will have to tivo this. : ) My kids would probably love it. They have recently become hooked on Lord of the Dance. : ) K refers to it as, "watching the mans dance". : )

We also got the first season of the Muppet Show from the library. They don't get much of it, I didn't realize how over my head the humor was when I was a kid. I must've just been enthralled with the puppets. I know we watched it... : )

Cute dancers : )