Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Orchard Pictures...

I shared a few days ago about our bee sting and bushel picking orchard experience this weekend. Here are some of the pics of our time. This is Emma crying from her bee sting...before we got green goop. Poor thing!! In retrospect, I wonder if red shirts were such a good idea.
Here we are talking and taking a break...while the men pick apples! HA! It was a hazy and warm day. Lots and lots of bees too!
Evidently, he didn't like this kind! Notice all the apples on the ground? These trees were "heavy laden" in a big kind of way! I've heard that such harvests indicate a snowy winter. I hope so...cuz brown Indiana winters are horrid!
Here's my guys...picking apples! Lubby walked around under his DadE's feet all day...munching the same apple! Very cute!!

1 comment:

Carmel said...

Have you canned all of your apples yet? I've not been brave enough to take on any of that yet. Would love to though, my MIL cans and she has the greatest stuff!

Whenever I think I want to I'm pregnant or have one that's small enough I just don't think I want to do all of that cooking. : ( Lazy mostly. : )