Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple Picking = Bee stings and hard work...

We were hemming and hawing about whether to cover the gutters or go to the apple orchards. We decided to do the gutters...but did some errands first. We ran into friends of ours...that we are always trying to schedule get togethers with (not very successfully) and they were going to the apple orchards. Hmmm? Okay, so being the very NOT spontaneous couple we are...we decided to GO! HA!

We raced home and threw things together...and followed them way out to the orchards. Turned out it was their Fall festival...so it was CROWDED!

We hadn't even walked up out of the muddy field/parking lot when Emmy started SCREAMING. She had been stung by one of the innumerable bees...already! The personnel were great...had some awesome green gorp they put on it...and she calmed down! Phew!

We picked a bushel of apples! Lubby boy carried a huge apple around licking and biting it. It was perfect for the little teething man!

We headed home...thinking the day was pretty much shot. But the sun came out and it was gorgeous...and we were blessed and Loverbrains got the lower level gutter covers on too! WOW!

Now, that bushel of apples is staring at me. I have a whole dehydrator full right now...wondering if I can freeze them...and I made an apple cobbler! Yikes! Maybe, I'll make fruit leather!

Peeling, peeling...sticky sticky! And, yeah...I forgot my camera. Our friends took some pictures...so if I get them soon...I'll add them on for ya!

No comments: