Monday, September 7, 2009

Moose Muffin Monday...

"Oh look, the mooses gots a muffin!" She used to call them poppins...like Mary Poppins. Maybe that's why she used to like that movie so much! Remember my intense analysis of that movie. Oui, it played in my sleep. Lately, it's been Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...and let me tell you that blog is about to be written...just chocked full of inane goodies!

Anyhew, for those interested, Loverbrains did land safely in China around 2 AM Sunday morning our time. We talked to him around 8 AM and he sounded like he sounds when you talk to him in his sleep...sort of zombie like. I'm hoping the Melatonin helps him out and he converts to Nantong time quickly. As usual, he didn't sleep much on the plane...but that might be for the best going that direction. He's promised to eat scorpion for me...but it's not on any of the menus. I saw Andrew Zimmern (star of Bizzare Foods) eat them...and it intrigued me. I figure if I don't get to travel...I do get to live vicariously through my hubby. Poor guy!

The kids are doing okay...most of the time. We have our moments of tears...

It was pouring rain after church so a sweet deacon pulled my van up for me. Caleb thought it was DadE and got all excited...and then cried the whole way home cuz he was disappointed. He also cried when he raced out the nursery last night to find that DadE wasn't in the foyer waiting, per usual. Emma is very consoling...she's waiting for her presents. She only wears her Chinese t-shirts to bed...and this morning she said to her brother, "Deez are pandas...theys in China wiff DadE....he's bringing you presents and mes presents." Ha ha!

Only 7 more days to go...I think...this time change stuff has me sort of confused.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

Sweet that they miss their DadE so much. : ) I'm sure that warms his heart immensely!